Yep. Not fake ones. Yesterday I had the thrill of shooting a pistol, a shot gun, and a rifle (there is a difference between all of those...who knew?). I went over to the guys' house where Jed lives, the manliest house I know, complete with every kind of hunting and shooting device known to man, to finally learn how to shoot. His sister and friends were there, as well, and Jed, the expert that he is, gave us lessons on how to shoot the guns properly. I probably looked like such a fool not having a clue what I was doing. My dad was not keen on having guns in the house growing up probably because there were always so many kids running around. I have always wanted to learn how to shoot, but I'm not gonna lie, it was kind of scary. I had to learn not to flinch at each shot, even though I knew it was coming. It was fun, though, and liked shooting the rifle the best (no kickback, smaller bullet, fun to cock, easy to shoot the target), but I would never be able to pick this up as a hobby or something. I don't really understand the mindset of loving to hunt all the time and shoot animals. Scary (and kinda gross), but I gotta hand it to those that do.
Anyway, this was quite a milestone for me, shooting guns. There may be some more practicing in the future; we'll see.
| Ah! I have not idea what I'm doing. |
| the very old rifle that I liked using |
Ha! Go, Jenny, go! My uncle took my younger two sibs shooting not long ago. I thought about going last time, but there wasn't time. Guns make me nervous, but I figure it's probably not a bad thing to know how to operate one should you ever find yourself in one of *those* life or death situations, you know? (What? Normal people don't think that way? hahaha)
ReplyDelete