What a nice fall break it has been! I feel like I have accomplished so many things in such a short time! Let's begin with a recap of all the fun....
WEDNESDAY
The start of fall break! My brother John had his first district soccer game (he is a junior and plays sweeper), so one of my friends from Cedarville, Jed, came down with me to watch the game. My aunt and uncle who live out west were in town and came to the game, as well. So many people, so much fun! And what a nail-biter the game was! It was a great game but went into two sudden death overtimes and into the second round of penalty kicks. Now, when I was in high school my soccer team lost in the regional championship game two years in a row to penalty kicks, so I was so distressed watching John's team having to deal with it. It turns out that they won and I couldn't have been more proud of John!
 |
| Joshie and his friend sporting some sweet shoes |
 |
| all the fam + Jed...he loves joining family photos! |
 |
| yeah, they won! woohoo! |
 |
| He plays soccer with so much heart! |
|
|
|
It was just so great to be home with the fam! I don't know why but I have wanted to go home so much more this year. Is it because I'm a senior? So much change is taking place? I will be gone next semester? I don't know, but I do cherish the times I get to hug my family and spend time with them. :)
THURSDAY
Rainy, rainy, rainy. I went shopping some with my mom and grandma after eating some Chick-fil-A (sorry housemates for ruining vegetarian October...it was soooo worth it, though!)
I spent some time with my sister today. We got our eyebrows waxed, and boy, did it kind of hurt. I don't know if I'd recommend it on a regular basis. Beauty is pain, though, right?!
I went back to her apartment to help her pack for a camping trip with friends. Yep, a little jealous since I've never been camping, but I was excited for her to have some fun! (someday I will make it camping.) I love how Julie gives me advice and encourages me in the Lord. It really means a lot, and I cannot express how thankful I am that God has changed both of us so that we can have such a closer relationship now. I mean, as the only sisters of the fam, we probably should stick together! I am extremely blessed because it has not always been this way!
FRIDAY
Do you ever feel like being adventurous and doing something spontaneous just for the fun of it? I don't know if it was the crazier side of me and the introvert coming out, but I was feeling just that on Friday. I didn't mull it over too long and just hopped in a car by myself and drove 3 1/2 hours to Charleston, West Virginia to see Emily, a friend from Cedarville, perform in a ballet. I've gotten to know her over the years at CU because she is also an early childhood major. I have always wanted to see her perform. She did amazing, by the way! It takes so much talent and strength to do something like that, and I admire her for her ability and dedication to such a rigorous activity!
 |
| ...and I'm off! what fluffy clouds to enjoy along the way |
 |
| oh my goodness, I'm an erratic woman! |
 |
| Emily did so great! Hey, I'm friends with a ballerina! |
 |
| I sang the whole time, I think! Oh the joys of being by yourself and singing at the top of your lungs. No one will ever know what you sound like because it only happens when you're alone. :) |
 |
| wore my slippers in the car for great comfort |
 |
| Thank you for the welcome! |
 |
| had to get a chai! (but I kind of ruined it by getting a shot of espresso..gotta stay awake somehow) |
 |
| trying to capture the sunset |
 |
| ah, so beautiful! |
|
|
|
|
|
SATURDAY
I spent the night in Emily's castle and we both got to sleep in, which was marvelous! We went to Cracker Barrel for brunch and then took a walk in the glorious fall weather. The breeze, the sunshine, the colorful leaves! This season just can't be beat!
Mid afternoon I hopped in the car once again and made the trek back to my 'ol Kentucky home. It was a fabulous day for driving and I passed the time, once again, with my wonderful tunes. Upon arriving home, I began cooking, baking, cleaning, doing laundry, and watching some football. Sometimes I feel like a little mom doing all this mom stuff, but I do enjoy it, that's for sure! With Grandma and Mom in the kitchen with me, I was able to learn from the best of the best on how to cook and bake things just right. I hope to some day be as good as them!
Notice I didn't mention homework this entire fall break. Yeah, I'm still procrastinating on that. Tomorrow is the day it all must get done, though. :/ In the process of procrastinating, I wrestled some with John. I always dreaded the day that he was stronger than me, and as that day has not yet come, I feel that it is inching closer. Yikes. I still enjoy giving him a run for his money. Then we tried to be gymnasts or something, I don't know. haha This makes me laugh!
 |
| I'm pretty sure I screamed the whole time we were doing this. |
Well, I hope you are enjoying this great fall weather and spending time with those you love! What better way to end this evening than with a picturesque sunset! Sing a praise to the Lord and enjoy worshiping Him with other believers tomorrow!
 |
| Psalm 19:1 ~ The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands. |
I sure do love reading your posts. what fun you had! Wish we could have joined in the family fun, but we were off making memories in Gatlinburg:) I am so thankful for the work God is doing in your life, and in Julie's. What an amazing testimony you both have now:) Love you!
ReplyDelete