A synonym for fall. I never really knew what my favorite season was until just a few weeks ago when I realized that I really love the fall for several reasons...
The crisp air, relief from the hot summer sun.
The spectacular leaves changing colors. It's kind of ironic that the leaves are so beautiful during the fall, turning a vast array of colors, and yet they are actually dying.
Stepping on the crunchy leaves while taking a walk.
Watching football (Who Dey anyone?!).
Pumpkins. I love pumpkin anything! Pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin rolls, carving pumpkins, you name it. :)
I went for a run (or more accurate - jog) tonight, and I don't even like running but the air felt so cool and refreshing. I felt like I could run for miles and miles. MmmmmMMmmm..
Just to catch you up on the happenings of late, this past weekend was full of fun. Friday night I went on a date...woohoo! That was fun! Saturday evening I spent some time with my sister and her boyfriend, Trevor. What a cute couple they are!
I am so blessed to have a sister like Julie. Being the only girls in a long line of boys means we really have to stick together. Growing up, we didn't really get along. It wasn't until my freshman year of college that we started becoming closer. How thankful I am that we are best friends now, especially now that I need her advice on life during my college years and beyond. God's timing is everything, and I see this evidenced time and time again! I am thrilled to see the things that God is doing in her life these days and it warms my heart and really encourages me. I love her!
I will leave you with something I have been thinking about lately. A quote in My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers, really struck me. It said, "If the Spirit of God has transformed you within, you will exhibit divine characteristics in your life, not just good human characteristics. God's life in us expresses itself as God's life, not as human life trying to be godly." Sometimes I get caught up with thinking someone is a really godly person but I don't know if I think of them as exhibiting divine characteristics. I have to think about how this is manifested in my own life first because I know God works, but do I always notice it? I am sure I get caught up with the happenings of life and don't even realize, sometimes, the divine characteristics He does exhibit through me. I should always be sharing this with others, but I have to recognize it first!
In my philosophy of education class, we discussed the concept of being made in the image of God and how that fact leaves us with a moral obligation to reflect God to others. God knew that we, as humans, would have a hard time with abstracts and the fact that we can't see Him, so He gave us each other to mirror Him. I think part of this is allowing others to see the divine work He does do in our lives.
One of these times in my life where God evidenced Himself in many ways was the fact that I successfully made it through last semester. You ready for the list of all I did? ...
21 credits of classes
2 Bible studies
Symphonic Band
Recital in January
Intramural basketball
Jail ministry once a week
2 Organizations
2 jobs (6 hrs/wk total)
Social life (somewhat)
Let's just say I spread myself thin. How did I make it through last semester without being too stressed and somehow getting a 4.0?!? Well, the only answer I have, the typical Sunday School answer, is God. The One who Cares about me. The One who is Faithful. The One who gives power and strength to the weak. The One who gives wisdom to those who ask. The One who extends extreme amounts of grace. This is the God I serve. This, my friends, is what I call divine work. Every time I think about it, I can't help but give Him all the credit for getting me through that time. All things are indeed possible with Christ.
What will you share about God working in your own life?

No comments:
Post a Comment