Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Finals week

Hi! Did you see the sun this evening for a spit second?!? I was wondering if the sun still existed! haha Gotta love the rainy season...and being in Ohio.

Well, let me update you on my life lately because God has been doing some great things...yes, great, because He is great! Over Easter break, I interviewed at a preschool back home, and I found out Monday that I got the job!!! I applied for it during spring break, and at the time, I was worrying about the summer and how I was going to earn enough money to pay for my expenses this next year. After thinking and praying about it, I told myself I wasn't going to worry because I knew God would take care of me! He is indeed faithful, and I have seen evidence of His faithfulness in my life time and time again. Well, He never fails, and now I have an awesome job for the summer...I get to work with little kids and get paid for it! Woohoo!!!!!

This is finals week, but I didn't have any finals; I only had a few papers and a project to turn in, which I have already finished. It has been such a calm week, quite the contrast to this past semester. Let me just say that God did something supernatural with my life this past semester; I had 21 credits, symphonic band, chapel 5 days a week (timewise, that's like a regular class), 2 small jobs, and several other extra curricular activities. How did I make it through still alive and sane (and I even did well in my classes)? I have no explanation for it other than God works in ways I don't always know and comprehend. I know that I never deserve His kindness and grace, but this semester, especially, there were so many times I was worried, stressed out, not spending much time in the Word, and not exhibiting joy, as I should have been. God is just good beyond measure, and I was able to experience many of His amazing attributes throughout this semester! I praise Him for showing Himself to me in so many ways and for calling me back to Himself again and again.

As I reminisce over this week and this semester, it has been and will be many lasts for me: my last spring semester at Cedarville, my last Elliv, last night living with all my friends, last night having a roommate, last meal in Chuck's (our oh so lovely dining hall), last time in Symphonic band, last May term (which is coming up)...I could probably go on, but you get the idea. It is hard for me to believe that I have already finished my third year in college! I am a senior in college now!! WOW! Where has the time gone?

Let me leave you with a few challenging, but inspiring, verses from James 4:
 13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment