“Someday my prince will come…” Right? Every girl dreams that her prince will come and they will live happily every after. They even dream about what their wedding will be like. I have to confess that lately I have been wondering if my earthly prince will ever come, what he’ll be like, if he will cherish me forever. In all actuality, though, my true Prince has already come. In fact, He is not just my Prince; He is my King! He already knows my name, knows my number, and knows what buttons to press to reach me! He is actively pursuing me and loves me for who I am. He has already expressed how much He loves me by His death on the cross and by His continual faithfulness to me. How could I desire anyone else?! I mean, seriously?! No one’s love will ever be as satisfying as my King’s love for me! I wonder why I let my mind stray from this truth.
At times, I find myself unsatisfied with who I am and wishing to be like someone else. I think that maybe I would catch a guy’s eye if I were more like her, but I heard someone once say, “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” It’s true. There is no one else to be me. I am one of a kind, an original. A rarity. That is mind-blowing when you really think about it. How many people inhabit the earth? Somewhere around 6 billion? And there is only one of me? Carefully crafted and created? Hmm… Wow, Jenny, you are plain silly to think otherwise. Get it together!
When I catch myself thinking about trying to be what I'm not, I have to slap myself and remind myself to just be who I am supposed to be. I know I have the love and affection from my King and that is all I need!
As easy as it is to say and hard to follow, I just truly desire to be content where I am, content with the love of my King. Of course, it is natural to desire earthly love, but my contentment should be found in my King first. This is what I have to continually remind myself. This is what I am pursuing. This is what I desire.
No comments:
Post a Comment