Some of my favorite verses come from Lamentations 3:21-24...
Yet this I call to my mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. (NIV)
As I am coming upon my last three weeks of classes (the month of April is all field experience), so many assignments and projects are due. I start to freak out, but then I am reminded of God's faithfulness. It's funny when you actually look for evidence of God working in your life and how His qualities do ring to be true. Up to this point, I can not tell you how many weeks of school there have been where I was so stressed out and had no idea how I was going to make it. I eventually realized there was no way I was going to survive without the strength and ability from God, so I began asking Him to get me through. I relied on Him and trusted He would follow through (and then I worked my tail off, haha).
Well, what do ya know? I made it through, and many times it didn't end up being as bad as I thought. I totally give all the praise to God for that. Because I have seen His faithfulness in my life so many times over, it has become more real to me. Not that I expected anything less from Him, but it's one thing to read about His faithfulness in Scripture and another to actually experience it. Now that I approach these stressful weeks, I am CERTAIN of His faithfulness, and I KNOW He will get me through because GREAT is His Faithfulness.
Amen to that! Those are my life verses... a great reminder of how faithful He is. :)
ReplyDeletethose are some of my favorite verses! i have them written on my coffee mug:)
ReplyDelete