Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Serenity

The familiar hum of tires on the pavement. Wind rustling through your hair. Puffy clouds floating gently in the sky. The sun starting to hide behind the trees leaving a path of brilliant color in its wake. Rows upon rows of corn stubble, making it appear as though it were an infinite stretch of land. This is what I love about biking in Cedarville on a cool evening. Gulps and gulps of fresh air while taking in the vast expanse of the countryside, seeing sights I have never noticed before and getting a workout all at the same time. One of my top favorite outdoor activities just happens to be biking, and today was a perfect day for a ride. I have to hand it to Cedarville; it has great sunsets (and sunrises)! They are so brilliant that they cannot be captured on camera. It's like you have to take a picture in your mind and just remember how awesome it was. I bet God has fun up in heaven just painting the sky for His creation to enjoy. Sigh. I know I sure enjoy it.
As I'm sipping my blueberry tea (yes, folks, I have started to like tea, but only hot tea), I will tell you about this busy week. Sheesh, it's already November. Where has the time gone? I think that as you get older, time definitely speeds up. This semester has literally flown by! One of my 2-credit classes already ended this week and another 2-credit class ends next Tuesday, which leaves me with only three classes to finish out the semester. I can't complain. I had a big test on Tuesday, which I feel pretty good about. Tomorrow I teach my first ESL lesson! I have a TESOL minor, or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, so that is why I am teaching an ESL lesson and to a bunch of rambunctious 8th graders. Well, there are only 5 of them but they are most certainly at that middle school age, if you know what I mean. They are fun, though, and I am excited to actually teach a lesson I have prepared. You will have to check out my blog in the next few days to read how it went. Well, I better finish last minute preparations. Someday, I'll be good at all that lesson planning stuff and just fly through it. But for now....adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment