Today I witnessed something I've never seen before: thousands of shoe boxes for less-fortunate children stacked on the stage of a church while streams of people carrying more boxes walked up to add them to the already huge amount.
While I have been at school, I've attended Apex Community Church, and this year they set a goal of getting 5,200 Operation Christmas Child boxes for Samaritan's Purse! Yes, that is five-thousand two-hundred! They have three services every weekend, and at the beginning of the early service this morning, they had around 3,000. I love doing OCC for kids because it just makes me so joyful to buy things that will make a child so happy!
Anyway, as I sat in the pew waiting for the service to start, I just watched people bring box after box after box. I mean, there were TONS! I wish I could've gotten a picture! It was amazing! What love these people have to serve Christ and help others who don't have as much as we do. As I glanced at the boxes all throughout the service, it gave me the chills to think that THAT many kids would not only get a box full of goodies but get to hear the incredibly powerful gospel! Wow!
I hope you had a chance to put together one or two or more boxes to bring some kids some joy and the good news of Christ! I just had to share what I saw today because it really puts things in perspective! What little bit we can do here to make a big difference in the life of someone else!
No comments:
Post a Comment