Tonight I took Jeremy out for dinner at O'Charley's. He had never been there before and enjoyed the delicious rolls and his favorite, baby back ribs (what a choice for a growin' boy!). We had fun chatting about his upcoming middle school years, sports, and the Reds. He was such a goof joking around and getting me with the old trick "made ya look." hehe Sometimes I forget how much of a jokester he can be! After dinner I took him to Cold Stone where he proceeded to get the biggest bowl of ice cream. The bottomless pit and garbage disposal, as I call him.
He stood up real tall tonight and said, "Jenny, I'm almost as tall as you!" And sure enough, he's gaining on me. I can remember the times when I was bigger than all my little brothers, could beat up on them with no problem. Now it's like, "Ummm...you're my friend, right?!? Nice brother!" (...as I look up into their eyes). Yeah, three of the four younger bros are getting taller and buffer than me by the second. I still have one on Josh, for now.
I digress. Anyway, Jeremy and I had fun for a few hours, and I hope it made him feel special because that was the point. With big families, kids can seem to get lost in the mix, and I don't want that happening to my brothers. If you have any siblings, or even friends, find a way to make them feel special today! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment