Lately, I have been struggling with trusting God with my future. I only have a 1 1/2 years left at Cedarville, and even in that time frame, I am not sure what is going to happen. I have a lot of classes to cram in this coming spring and summer, plus I don't know what my housing situation will be next year. Furthermore, God has given me a heart for missions, particularly overseas, so I at least want to do my student teaching overseas. I am leaning toward China, but I'm open to other possibilities. What am I going to do after I graduate? Where am I gonna go? Does God have a special man in mind for me to marry someday? I have tons of questions and worries, and I just want to make sure that how I live is what God has in store for me and I'm not just acting on my own accord. As Proverbs 28:26a states, "He who trusts in himself is a fool."
It is so easy for me to do my own thing and plan out my life how I want it, but the truth is God has a plan for my life that is way better than anything I could ever imagine (Jer. 29:11)! It may not always go how I think it should go, but my thoughts and ways are not even close to God's thoughts and ways.
Nonetheless, I must give my future over to Him, and I'm not sure I have completely done that yet. I think it is because of fear of the unknown. I know all the right answers and all the verses about trust, but it is the whole complete surrender thing that has me tied up.
So if you are reading this right now and just want to lift up a prayer to the Big Man, I would greatly appreciate it!
As James tells us, trials such as this are there to help us grow. Therefore, I will try to view this as such and seek grow deeper in my relationship with Christ as I learn to trust Him with my future! No one said it was easy, and I am definitely finding that out!
Oh girl, I am RIGHT there with you! i am so glad that we can trust God for our futures...and He has each unique detail planned out:) I'll be praying for you...I'm excited to start these next few semesters with you..you are so great!
ReplyDelete