My dad had a nice 3-day trip that I got to go on with him. So..."I hopped off the plane at LAX, with a dream and my cardigan. Welcome to the land of fame, excess, wooaaa! Am I gonna fit in? Jumped in the cab, here I am for the first time. Look to my right, and I see the Hollywood sign! This is all so crazy!...")
We flew out Sunday afternoon and arrived in Las Angeles, California that evening. Too bad it poured rain the entire time. We got soaked walking in it (without an umbrella I might add), but I still had a lot of fun! We took the subway (which I've never been on before) to Hollywood just to say I've been there! haha It isn't all the glitz and glam you would think it is. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see the Hollywood sign on the hillside because of the rain clouds, but we got to see all the stars on the sidewalk with famous people's names in each.
| Tom Breneman, if ya can't read it |
| sooooo rainy! |
Another thing I love about my dad being the captain is that the flight attendants treat me more special! :) They were so nice and constantly asked if there was anything I wanted! I ended up chatting with one for a good half hour. I even got to say hi to Dad on the phone that the flight attendants use to talk to the pilots! Big stuff, I know!
I didn't sleep a wink on that flight because of my nap, so I was pretty tired when we arrived in Ft. Lauderdale. We went to sleep, woke up around noon, and layed out on the beach for a few hours. What a perfect day! Sunny, 70s, slight breeze, cool water, ipod, and shades. It was great, and it made me ask myself why I don't come down here during the winter and escape the bitter cold. My dad and I concluded the day with a workout and dinner at the Quarter Deck. I had my first turkey burger there, and I actually really enjoyed it.
| View from our hotel room |
| coolest boat ever! kinda looked like a pirate ship |
| This is the lobby of the hotel, called the Clipper, in FL. The picture in the background is an actual picture of it. |
So there ya have it. The life of a pilot's daughter. It's great! Maybe I'll marry a pilot someday. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment