Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jack and the Bean Stalk

I am soooooo thankful to be home for Christmas break already! I left on Monday, and now I can finally sleep in and sleep in my own bed! Totally great!

Tonight I helped put my littlest bros to bed, and I got to read them a story! That is definitely one of my favorite things about having little siblings. As Josh was looking through the books on the bookshelf, he saw Jack and the Beanstalk and said, "I love that book! We have to read it!" The funny thing about this is when he was younger, my dad would read this book to him over and over and over. It is typical of young children to love reading the same book a million times. Josh is growing up so fast and I am missing a lot of it because I am away at school, but it makes me smile to know he still loves reading the same book over and over. :)

I proceeded to read the story, using my best inflection, of course (gotta practice for when I'm a teacher someday). After I finished they wanted me to read it to them again! haha So cute! Instead, I tucked them under the covers, prayed with them, and kissed 'em goodnight. Unfortunately, they still have school tomorrow and have to get up early! Even though I can sleep in, I am going to call it a night. Sweet dreams!





Gotta love 'em! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment