Also, I know many of you will want to know how Passion was, and I will definitely share it on here. It was nothing like I've ever experienced before, and God taught me so much! I won't be able to write it all in one day or in one post, so over the next week or so I will try to do at least one post a day about Passion, the speakers, what I did, and what God taught me. So stay tuned! Okay, now for the real post....
Happy New Year! I'm sure you've heard this lots already. I can't believe it's already 2011!!! When I was younger it seemed like these years would never come. Now they are passing faster than I can even blink. I mean, I'm already halfway through my junior year of college! 2010 has definitely been a great year, though!
Here are a few highlights (or at least some things that I can remember happened):
I went to my first Owl City concert.
Saw Martina McBride with my dad for the 2nd time.
My 20th birthday celebration was the best birthday yet, thanks to my awesome friends!
| two delicious cakes made by Rachel! |
| R-L: Rachel, Steph, Ken, Laney, Me, Katie |
| Steph and Katie made me a birthday wall for me! It's made out of computer paper and duct tape hanging from the light. |
Ran a 10K for the first time.
A summer of fun with the Reds doing so well.
Worked 40 Reds games! (more than I've ever worked in one summer)
Finished the Harry Potter series (read books 4-7).
Finally grasped the power and importance of prayer to my Savior, Jesus Christ. James 5:16 - the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
I visited Chris and Julie in Japan.
Went to Hawaii for the first time.
| Waikiki Beach |
Went to an apple farm with my friends and picked apples for the first time.
| Nothin' like Breezy Acres |
Taught my first ESL (English as a Second Language) class.
It was a year of 4.0s.
God reminded me of the importance of being encouraging to others, putting them above myself.
I applied to teach in China for my student teaching in Spring of 2012.
Another year has gone by, and God has blessed me abundantly! He is so good, and I am excited to know what see what He has in store for me this year!
A new year...how will you make it better than 2010?
Happy New Year! Looks like 2010 was a blessed year for you! That's great! Your birthday photos are really fun. Looks like a good time. :) I think it's so awesome that you applied to teach in China! That would be such a wonderful opportunity! Keep me posted on that. :)
ReplyDelete