I'm just such a sentimental person when it comes to lasts. I was so thankful, though, that at least this week has been wonderful spending time with all of my friends, catching up one last time before break. Because I don't leave for China until the end of January, I will be able to stop at Cedarville at the beginning of the semester to see everyone before I leave. If I have been crying some now, I can only imagine what it will be like in January! Please don't get the wrong impression that I do not want to go to China. Of course I can't wait to go and I'm very excited about the whole experience; it's just hard to leave friends, family, and all that is familiar to me.
Last night was so great because I was able to skype with my class and teacher in China! They were the most adorable students ever, asking if I go to church, if there is snow here, what day and time it is, and then they told me all about what they were learning in science! It warmed my heart so much to see their smiles and hear their little laughs! My favorite part was when they said, "Go to bed, Miss Moran!" (because they knew it was evening here). To know and see their excitement makes it that much more worth it to teach them next semester! I only have a little over a month until I depart for Qingdao!
I can feel the love support all around me from all of you, my friends and family. The excitement you have for me, your love and support, along with the Lord's strength empowers me to be able to go through with this whole China experience! I seriously would not be able to do it without all of you!
Tonight I am going to the Christmas program of the third grade students I was with this semester. It was sad to leave them this week (another last), but I knew I would see them again at some point. I never posted this funny joke one of my students said, so here it is:
Boy: Want to here a funny joke?
Me: Sure. (yikes!)
Boy: We were created from dust, right?
Me: Yes, that's correct.
Boy: and we return to dust when we die?
Me: Yep.
Boy: Well, there is a lot of dust under my bed so someone is either coming or going.
Me: Bahahaha! Good one!
On my last day with them, I showed them where I will be in China next semester. I heard comments, like "wow!" "Teach us Chinese when you get back!" "Eat lots of fortune cookies while you're there!" :) Precious!
Lastly, let me catch you up on a little of the happenings through pictures...
| Breakfast with some of my most dear friends! I cannot tell you how much they mean to me! |
| This was my cooperating teacher for this past field experience. She was such a wonderful teacher, and I learned so so much from here! |
| Singing/belting praise songs and hymns till all hours of the night. I will miss these times! |
| baking and being crazy with Jess! Fun times! |
| Christmas partayyy with my education friends! This is Stephanie, or Bermuda as we call her, because she is from there! |
| cooking with Jed |
| Christmas picture: house mates plus a few extras decked out in our lovely Christmas sweaters. |
| My dear sister did one last photo shoot with Katie and me. This concluded are annual photoshoots for the past four years. |
| Crazy hats Christmas party with my Bible study girls! |
No comments:
Post a Comment