Wednesday, November 16, 2011

One Month Left

Wow, I actually have time for a quick post. Last week was my first full week of field experience this semester, meaning I had to plan 10 lessons (writing block plans and long lesson plans for each lesson). I was so incredibly busy, that by the time the end of the week rolled around, I was extremely stressed, emotionally spent, worn out, and in need of my family. Sometimes you just need a hug from your parents and siblings. Plus, my brother Chris was in town from Japan (he's in the Air Force) and I had to visit him!!!!

I traveled home Saturday night and had the best time with my family! My very energetic brother John taught us how to play ninja, so my entire family (minus sis-in-law) played ninja, which was hilarious, and then my brothers played glow-in-the-dark soccer! It was so refreshing to spend time with the fam, especially since we haven't been together in 2 years. 

I have to say that I really do enjoy being part of a big family!
the fam and Julie's boyfriend
bookends of the family :)
I think what has really hit me recently is that I only have one month left at Cedarville and with all my friends. One month. 30 days. That's it. I am so not ready to say goodbye yet. I have loved my college experience here and have loved building some incredible relationships that will, indeed, last a lifetime! I wouldn't have traded this experience for anything (even though I will be in debt forever)! Countless times I have thanked God for allowing me to come to this school and meet all these wonderful people, and I have confidence that He has a great path for my life as I leave CU and pursue His plan for my life. As I leave, yeah, it won't be the same, but with all this technology in the world today, I know I will still stay in touch with my friends! I just have to keep telling myself it's gonna be okay!


This week has been 100x better than last week! God has really given me extra grace these past few days and has gotten me through the rough patch. I always question myself why, when I feel like I'm in such terrible straights, I don't seem to have enough faith to persevere. God always...ALWAYS...gets me through. I know this. I've experienced this before. I've committed to memory Lamentations 3:21-24. Why do I still doubt sometimes...or find it hard to trust when I'm having such a rough time?

I am really enjoying my time with my cute third graders. They are such sweet students that work hard. My teacher is great, providing me with so much wisdom about teaching and so many little tips I will be sure to use when I'm a real teacher. Fun fact, I did not know Keurig coffee machines had hot apple cider cups...rocked my world! Now I get to enjoy hot apple cider during class. Perks of being a teacher! =D

I wish I could post some pictures of my students, but I will try to at least post some pictures of their projects I am doing with them. Some funny sayings for you...
- One little girl at recess: "I'm hot...in both ways."
- The boys at lunch: "*whisper* You ask her." "No, you ask her." "Okay, do you have a boyfriend?"
- Little girl in the classroom: "I love your hair. It's so soft. You have different earrings every day, except for the hoop in the middle of your ear. You have such pretty hair. You should curl it again. It looks so pretty that way......"
- Me at lunch: "I'm a Bengals fan. They are actually doing pretty well this year." Boy's response: "That's because they have played all the lowest ranked teams! The Cowboys are doing so great this year!" (okay, wow, I didn't even know that, how did he? He's only in third grade!)
- Girls at lunch: "My favorite dinner food is steak. I like mine cooked medium rare." (What?!?)
- Girl at lunch: "You are a real teacher because you teach us. You should get paid. Why don't you?"
(As you can see, most of the funny interactions happen during lunch when I sit with each of them.)

I finally filled out my visa application for China. It is becoming more real to me now! I always had this thought in the back of my mind that going to China was almost too good to be true. Each step I take that brings me closer to going just makes it more exciting and crazy at the same time. I'M GOING TO CHINA in 10 weeks!

Tomorrow is Thursday, and those days always seem to be good because you have that anticipation of Friday. Enjoy it! Treasure it! Find something to be thankful for and to praise the Lord for because He is so good and so worthy of our praise!

I hope you have a blessed Thursday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment