It's like a dream come true. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to an Ohio State game at the horseshoe. Yesterday Jedidiah surprised me with a whole day of fun, and the biggest surprise of all was tickets to the OSU game!!! I could not believe it!!! It still seems surreal..like, was I actually there?! haha We started our wild adventure at 9am....
 | |
| We had breakfast/brunch at Clifton Mills. I got a giant pumpkin pancake. It was to die for! |
|
After breakfast we took the back-roads (in attempts to make it more of a surprise) to German village in Columbus and stopped at the Book Loft. It was a bookstore with over 30 little rooms full of books. We both love book stores, and this was a great stop!
 |
| Christmas present?! |
| We left the book store and headed to the main event. I really had no clue what he had planned for the day. As we got closer, he had me close my eyes so the surprise wouldn't be given away. We pull into the parking spot, he turns off the car and sets something on my lap. When I opened my eyes, I saw two tickets to the Ohio State v. Penn State game!!! Oh my goodness! I was sooooooooo excited! For as long as I could remember, I have wanted to go to an OSU game, and what a fun time it would be going with Jed! Bless his soul, though, because he is not a huge fan of OSU, but suffered through the game anyway. ;) |
|
|
|
|
 |
| finally made it to our first college football game! |
 |
| Thrilled to be here!! (even though it looks like I'm photoshopped in!) |
 |
| We had a nice little chat as we watched the tailgaters bustling around. |
 |
| the famous script Ohio by the pep band. I guess we were on the wrong side of the stadium. |
 |
| Get 'em, Bucks! |
 |
| part of the pep band was playing so close to us! A bunch of mellophones came right up our row and played! It was so awesome! |
 |
| Enjoyin the game! |
Even though Ohio State lost, it was still fun to actually be at the game and cheer 'em on! What a great first game experience! Last stop was a German restaurant with live music and giant cream puffs that the guy on Man v. Food actually ate! It was a nice end to a wonderful day!
 |
| Thanks for wearing a red sweatshirt, Jed, even though it wasn't OSU gear. |
I was wiped out after this day (and slept on the way home. Poor Jed drove without anyone to talk to) but had a blast, nonetheless. I will forever remember this day on which the Lord richly blessed me via Jed!
SO FUN!!! We went to the book loft and Schmidts last year at this time as well. Such fun places! Im glad you had a good time!
ReplyDeleteAww, looks like a great day! :)
ReplyDelete