Saturday, April 2, 2011

S'morin' on April 1

Hey! I'm back to the blogging world after a long road of...well...school! This morning my mom texted me, asking me if I wanted to come home to watch my brothers in their high school play, Thoroughly Modern Milly. Like a typical day in my life, planning is always on the fly, so I said sure! Since I don't have a boyfriend to cart along with me, I asked my roommate Katie, of course (and don't worry Katie, even if I did have a boyfriend, I would have asked you first!). After my last day of classes (because it's on to field experience I go), we trekked down to my good 'ol Kentucky high school and watched this play. It was absolutely hilarious, and all the students did soooo great, especially two of my little brothers who are just becoming so grown up now! *tears*





Katie and I were inspired by one of our fellow Bible study members to make s'more cookies. And we did. In the process, we seemed to do a little more laughing than baking, but we got 'em all cooked and even tasted a few. Oh, sooo delicious! (One piece of advice if you make them, don't use 2 sticks of butter like the recipe calls for. They will turn out like flat little critters. Instead, use one stick of butter and 1/2 cup of shortening.)


#1 MOM and Santa Claus aprons!












I am not sure why we are both still up right now with it being 2:19am. It must be something about being home; I stay up way later and sleep in way later. Can't explain it. Oh my goodness, I was just thinking about our plans for tomorrow and I cannot wait!!!! It's gonna be a great day, and don't you worry; I will make sure I post all about it. ;) Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment