Haha That doesn't really make sense, but I had to make it rhyme. =)
It is so crazy to me that I am 21 now. As I look back over my life thus far, God has blessed me IMMENSELY!! The life He has chosen to give me is nothing I would ever wish to change, and I am so excited for what He has for me in the future! Wow, I don't deserve so much goodness from Him, but that is the beauty of His grace!
Okay, so to the part you all are waiting for. Friday was such a wonderful day; I have to say that celebrating my birthday at college has been some of the best celebrations yet (no offense to those at home)! I walk out of my room and see a sign wishing my a happy birthday made by the one and only Stephanie aka Salsa, and I saw my friend Rachel had made me some coffee cake with Biscoff cookies (the cookies I can never resist that I only used to get on plane rides. Now Walmart sells them; who knew?!)! Thennnn....my wonderful roommate gave me her gift, and it totally made my day! She gave me a teacher bag that I have wanted for such a long time so that I can look more professional; the bag was filled with teacher stuff! How exciting!
 |
| the cool teacher bag Katie bought me |
 |
| all the accessories I found it in...bulletin board border, Mandarin Chinese dictionary, pencils, stickers, and lots of other great stuff! (woops, forgot to include the sharpie markers) |
Somehow on my birthday I lucked out with not having class until 2pm (normally having class at 8am and 12pm, two hours each), so some of my Methods 1 friends, the "Back Row Gang" as we call ourselves since we sit in the back row for most of our classes, went out for breakfast. We devoured scrumptious pancakes from Cracker Barrel! MMMmmmmm! So yummy!
 |
| The "Back Row Gang" ~ I love these girls! It's great that we are all "suffering" through this semester together. :) |
 |
| Hi, it's my birthday and I'm turning 12... |
 |
| woops, let's fix that... 21! |
 |
| future teachers of America (or possibly China ;) right here! Aren't we so cute?! |
We came back to campus, and I did a little bit of homework, of all things. Before I knew it, it was time to leave for dinner. Why is it that every other day seems to waltz on by but when it is actually my birthday, the day literally zooms by? Off to dinner we went, headed to the delicious restaurant, Red Robin! My blessed parents gave me some gift cards to take my friends out for dinner, plus I had a free meal for my birthday, so it all worked out very nicely! Prior to eating dinner, the girls helped me shop for some teacher-y clothes with some of my birthday money. It is so much more enjoyable to shop with friends who help you pick out clothes you probably wouldn't have chosen otherwise. After shopping and then dining at Red Robin, we just hung out the rest of the night. It was yet another great birthday, all because I got to spend it with my friends (another blessing from God)!
 |
| This icicle was on the bottom of my car...kinda looked like a deer antler. :) |
 |
| the three of us, like old times |
 |
| ah yes, the back of the menu has adult drinks listed...but don't worry! I didn't partake. |
 |
| classic |
Just stating the obvious...the waiters are singing to me
 |
| birthday dessert! |
 |
| my best friend! (the flaws in our smile make us all the more unique!) |
 |
| cutie-patuties! |
 |
| soooo funny! |
Well, I have begun a new year of life. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for me. =) Probably stuff beyond my craziest, wildest dreams! woohoo!
As for it being Valentine's day today, hope it was a happy one for ya! For me...who needs guys anyway?!? hehe
hey jenny!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness! it is so awesome to see faces the i recognize from elementary and middle school :) too sweet!
hope all is well!
~arielle
It looks like you had an awesome birthday! I just stumbled onto your blog and it is super cute :)
ReplyDelete-ashley
www.adventuresofnewlyweds.com